Completion of training allows miner to work in any surface coal or metal/non-metal mine in the USA. The 24-hour course meets requirements of CFR 30 Part 48.25 or Part 46.5 which include the following:
1. Instruction in the statutory rights of miners and their representatives under the act; authority & responsibility of supervisors.
2. Self-rescue and respiratory devices.
3. Transportation controls and communication systems.
4. Escape & emergency evacuation plans; fire warning & firefighting.
5. Ground control working in areas of high walls, water hazards, pits and spoil banks; illumination & night work.
6. Health, which includes hearing conservation.
7. Hazard recognition
8. First aid
9. Health & safety aspects of the tasks to which the new miner will be assigned, which including GHS & Hazard Communication
10. Welding & Cutting
New Miner: 8-10 & 22-24
Annual Refresher: 8 & 22
Pt. 77 SC Refresher: 9 & 13
Pt. 77 SC Initial: 9-10
Please note the following before attending class:
1. FSR must be informed of the number of attendees prior to class.
2. All refresher training requires a 5000-23 proof of previous training at beginning of class.
3. All surface certification classes require attendees to have an MSHA MIIN Number. What is a MIIN? Give us a call.
4. Initial Surface Certification attendees must have additional training / certification per MSHA regulations. Give us a call.
5. All students must be able to read and write in English. If not, advance notice is required for Spanish-speaking classes.
New Miner: 10-12 & 24-26
Annual Refresher: 10 & 24
Pt. 77 SC Refresher: 11 & 25
Pt. 77 SC Initial: 11-12
or email us at one of the following: email@example.com
ALL CLASSES START AT 7 AM UNLESS NOTED
255 E. Johnson, Tatum Texas 75691 (Green building on Hwy 43 - 1 block from stop light)
FIELD SAFETY RESOURCES
New Miner Training - 24 hr
For more information, or to schedule your training call:
New Miner: 6-8 & 20-22
Annual Refresher: 6 & 20
Pt. 77 SC Refresher: 7 & 21
Pt. 77 SC Initial: 7-8